Birchwood Junior School collects, holds and uses a great deal of information about individuals, particularly students and adults connected with the school. Under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), data about living individuals is known as personal data. The regulation puts in place numerous safeguards for the use of data about individuals.
Under the GDPR, the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities for organisations. (ICO Principles Link Below)
Birchwood Junior School has a statutory duty to comply with the requirements of the GDPR as it collects data about students and adults associated with the school for school business. The school is also required to produce a privacy notice explaining how information is collected and processed. A copy of the school's privacy notice can be found below.
Information about your rights under GDPR can be found on the Information Commissioner's website. (ICO Individual Rights Link Below)
All of the information we hold on individuals follows the six key principles:
1. Fair, lawful and transparent.
2. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
4. Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary.
6. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security.
GDPR Policies & Privacy NoticesICO GDPR Information Website ICO
Principles ICO Individual Rights Data Protection Policy Privacy
Notice Online Safety
Policy Personal Data Breach Procedure Subject Access Request Letter